Earlier today the Department of Home Affairs released a new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) identifying 17 occupations which fill critical skills needs to support the Australian recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. Employer sponsored nomination and visa applications with an occupation on the PMSOL list will be given priority processing, although all other skilled occupation lists will still remain active.
The occupations on the PMSOL list are:
· Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
· Construction Project Manager (133111)
· Mechanical Engineer (233512)
· General Practitioner (253111)
· Resident Medical Officer (253112)
· Psychiatrist (253411)
· Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
· Midwife (254111)
· Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
· Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
· Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
· Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
· Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
· Registered Nurses nec (254499)
· Developer Programmer (261312)
· Software Engineer (261313)
· Maintenance Planner (312911)
Visa holders who have been sponsored by an Australian business in a PMSOL occupation are able to request an exemption from Australia's travel restrictions, but will still be subject to the strict 14 day quarantine upon arrival at their own expense.
If you or a family member require assistance with a visa application or an appeal, contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to book an appointment.